This Thorens TD-125 Mk II is in great operational and cosmetic condition and was recently serviced and upgraded. It looks and sounds fantastic. Here's a rundown of what I did to it:
- The large electrolytic capacitors for the power supply were replaced with equal value Nichicon capacitors.
- Motor speed control was calibrated for all three speeds (16, 33, 45).
- Turntable was completely disassembled, cleaned, polished, lubricated, and carefully put back together.
- SME Tonearm was rewired with Cardas tonearm wire. Soldering was done with Cardas solder.
- Tonearm was fitted with custom built RCA adapter using thick epoxy board and high quality RCA jacks.
- Straight Wire Sonata interconnect replaces original tonearm cable.
- The original feet disintegrated so I replaced them with sorbothane isolation feet.
- The floating suspension assemblies were removed, cleaned, and lubricated. They were then properly adjusted.
- Bearing was cleaned and re-lubed.
- Platter was polished to a shine.
The dust cover is in good condition but is not perfect. There are some minor scuffs and scratches throughout. Please see photos (they are completely untouched). There are some small cracks where the hinge connects to the dust cover but they are not really visible from the front of the table. They also do not interfere with the operation of the dust cover. Tension on the dust cover can be adjusted.
The cartridge is in good working order at the moment. It sounds good and doesn't appear to be coming to the end of its life anytime soon. Because it is so delicate please be aware that I am selling the cartridge as is. I will pack it very well - just be careful unpacking.
I plan on shipping this turntable completely disassembled so that it is safe. Please be comfortable setting it back up or getting a professional service person to set it up for you. The tonearm wires are exposed so you must be very careful when unpacking and setting it up. I'm available by phone if you need any help but please do not ask me to walk you through set up.
Price includes domestic shipping to lower 48.